Conferences - Symposia - Workshops
The Department organises and hosts conferences, symposia and workshops regularly, in order to promote scientific research and to enhance international and interdisciplinary cooperation. Within this frame it co-organises, in cooperation with the Archaeological Service of Crete, a triennial conference entitled ‘Archaeological Research in Crete’. This conference, presenting the development of recent archaeological research throughout Crete, covers a broad chronological spectrum, ranging from the prehistoric through to the modern period.
- 4th International Post-Graduate and Early Career Conference, Scapecon 2021
- Ηistorical change in the ancient Aegean: A Conference in Honour of John K. Davies (Rethymno, 16-18 October 2020)
- 5th Meeting for the Archaeological Work in Crete, 21-24/11/2019
- International Conference «On shifting grounds – the study of archaeological practices in a changing world», 3-5/10/19, House of Culture, Rethymno | Conference Programme
- Other conferences (co-)organised by the Department