The call for papers is now open for the Cambridge Annual Student Archaeology (CASA) conference.
CASA is a student run conference, and the theme this year is ‘Diversity in Archaeology’. The conference has seven sessions running this year, led by researchers from a diverse range of institutions from across Europe, and there will be a panel session by leading archaeologists to close the conference.
The session themes are as follows:
- Beating Androcentric Narratives: Women’s Voices in Archaeological Discourse
- Race and Ethnicity Across Time
- Echoes from Beyond: Diversity in the Archaeology of Death
- Archaeology of ‘Scapes’: Diversity in Environment and Perspective
- The 3Ds: Diversity, Dissemination and Disclosure of Heritage
- Archaeological Science: Using Diversified Science Methods in Archaeology
- Interpreting the Past Through Others’ Eyes: Critically Approaching Ethnographic Analogies
Paper submissions are welcomed from all individuals, at any stage of their research, to present in an open and friendly environment. It is also a perfect opportunity for first time presenters to gain invaluable experience in discussing their research within a supportive peer network. This year’s CASA will be held online, with papers being given live or pre-recorded on Zoom with discussion following each session. We also will have a Slack channel set-up for further discussion, networking, and sharing of research. Excellent student prizes are on offer for the best presentations.
Where is the conference?
Virtual conference (on Zoom)
14th-17th January 2021
Paper submission deadline?
15 November 2020
How can I submit my abstract proposal?
Please fill in the linked form to submit your abstract
Please feel free to contact us via our Facebook or Twitter (@CASAconferences), or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or queries.
We hope to see you in January!