Early application deadline is May 7. Application deadline: June 25, 2021.
Dates & Venue
The Olympia Summer Course will take place from July 7 to 10, 2021 in the Institute of International Relations, 3-5 Hill Street Athens, 10558, Greece.
A Special Summer Course: Leadership and Global Governance Challenges, July 7-10, 2021
The Olympia Summer Academy is co-organized by the Navarino Network, the European International Studies Association and the Institute of International Relations (IDIS).
The study of global issues is more critical than ever as we are confronted with many pressing and often competing global governance challenges. The decisions that we make in the next few years will determine our collective future and the nature of the 21st century. This course, taught by an interdisciplinary team of academics and practitioners, will provide students with an opportunity to consider the role of leadership and the key global challenges it faces. It is designed to provide the knowledge and attitudes to be engaged and effective members of a globally interdependent society.
- History and Theory of Global Governance (Orfeo Fioretos, Temple University)
- Varieties of Global Governance (Orfeo Fioretos, Temple University)
- Leadership and Public Diplomacy Challenges (Ino Afentouli, NATO Public Division)
- Entrepreneurial Public Diplomacy (Betty Tsakarestou, Panteion University )
- The Trajectory of American Global Leadership (Harry Papasotiriou, Panteion University)
- European Leadership in a Post-Brexit Europe (Dimitris Keridis, Panteion University)
- Populism, Democracy and Governance: Lessons from Turkey, 2001-2021(Wolfango Piccoli, Teneo Intelligence)
- Leadership and Risk Governance in a Pandemic World (Wolfango Piccoli, Teneo Intelligence)
More Info & How to Apply:
For all information in regard to the program and the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Application deadline: May 07, 2021.
- Early application deadline is May 7. Application deadline: June 25, 2021.
- Venue: Institute of International Relations, 3-5 Hill Street Athens, 10558, Greece.
- Participation Fees (including tuition, reading material, counseling and extra-curricular activities): 200€.
- Registration Fee (non-refundable, paid upon admission to secure a place): 50€.
- Full scholarship opportunities available.