Ruhr-Universität Bochum | Institut für Archäologische Wissenschaften
Order-No. 651604: Post-Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) 3,5 years 39,83 h/w
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) is one of the leading research universities in Germany. As a reform-oriented campus university, it uniquely combines the entire range of the major scientific disciplines in one place. The dynamic coexistence of disciplines offers researchers and students alike special opportunities for interdisciplinary cooperation.
The FernUniversität in Hagen is Germany’s only state distance-learning university. On the basis of its blended learning model, it offers flexible, location-independent degree and continuing education programs, making higher education accessible to students in a variety of life situations. It conducts a wide range of theoretical and applied research in its five faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences, Psychology, Mathematics and Computer Science, Economics and Business Administration, and Law, as well as in interdisciplinary research clusters.
Within the Leibniz SienceCampus „Resources in Transformation (ReForm W36/2019)“ funded by the Leibniz-Gemeinschaft the Departement of Archaeological Sciences of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum and the faculty of sociology of the FernUniversität in Hagen are seeking:
Post-Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) Theory
(Pay grade E13 TV-L / 39,83 h/w – temporary employment)
The position is available from August 1st 2021 on a full-time postdoctoral basis. It is limited to a term up to three and a half years. The salary will be according to the remuneration group E 13 TV-L (full time).
The Leibniz SienceCampus ReForm is a cooperation between the Ruhr-Universität Bochum, the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum Bochum, the FernUniversität in Hagen, the Technische Hochschule Georg Agricola and the Stiftung Geschichte des Ruhrgebiets/Institut für soziale Bewegungen.
ReForm aims to investigate the transformative potential of resources, which is estimated to be significant, not just for the history of humanity but also for contemporary society, particularly in relation to socio-ecological aspects. Taking a multi-perspective approach, the project partners in the fields of the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and economics plan to investigate, by way of example, how humans are interconnected with their material environment through various practices and how social institutions emerge and change during these processes. The aim is to develop middle range theories and to test them, for example using agent-based modelling of various datasets.
For further information on the The Leibniz SienceCampus ReForm please click HERE.
Who are we looking for/Candidate Profile
We are looking for a post-doctoral researcher for interdisciplinary theory developing within the ReForm project.
– an above-average doctoral degree in social science, humanities or in another art subject involved in the campus
– a profound knowledge of the new social science materialism (material turn) and the new theory of practice as evidenced by relevant publications
– a strong interest in the research question of how resources contribute to the transformation of historic and current societies
Experience in interdisciplinary cooperation and solicitation of external funding is desired.
The position is third party funded and does not have any formal teaching duties attached.
You will have the opportunity to independently pursue your own research projects, which should be related to the research fields of ReForm.
– Generating your own research ideas and develop them into a successful, high level research project
– Raising third-party funding and establish your own research project
– Actively engaging in the multidisciplinary ReForm team and contributing to a productive cooperation, which includes both qualitative and quantitative research approaches
Since the funding is provided by external third-party sources, postdoctoral researchers are generally not obliged to take on teaching duties but are welcome to do so.
– a friendly working atmosphere in an interdisciplinary, research-strong team and internationally highly respected research institution
– an excellent research environment
– excellent support for postdoctoral researchers
– excellent scientific network and cooperation partners
– opportunities for academic and professional development
Are you interested?
Please send your convincing application including
– a scientific proposal for your research project within ReForm (max. 3 pages),
– a Curriculum vitae,
– list of publications
by email (in one single PDF file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of application: May 9th 2021
For further information, please address to: email@example.com
Travel expenses for interviews will be reimbursed up to a certain amount of money.
With ReForm, we seek to promote women’s careers, and we are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from female candidates. Applications by suitable candidates with severe disabilities and other applicants with equal legal status are likewise most welcome.